Skip to main content

CNN interviews Riza Santos on being robbed of winning moment in Ms. Universe Canada

Miss Universe Canada 2013 Riza Santos and Denise Garrido, who was third runner-up but was the one who was crowned during the pageant, were interviewed by CNN’s Starting Point.

Denise Garrido and Riza Santos

After the celebrations that followed her “win,” Denise said she was shocked when she received the call that told her she wasn’t the real winner. She confessed, however, that she felt sad that she “took away” the moment from Riza.

Riza, on the other hand, said that she has known Denise for a couple of years already and that she doesn’t feel like she has been robbed of the crowning moment.

“I don't feel like I missed out,” a very poised Riza said. “After Denise was crowned I was disappointed because I felt like I did well in the competition but I know Denise as a person and I was happy for her genuinely because she's a great girl - I've known her for a couple of years now.”

She also said that she’s just happy to represent Canada in the Miss Universe 2013 pageant.

“I don't feel like I missed out because I do have the opportunity to represent Canada on the world stage. During that time I had a couple of days to process cuz I only found out on Monday afternoon to process what had happened and it was very humbling for me. And to actually find out that I had won and I had this opportunity to represent Canada on the world stage was a huge honor for me and very humbling at the same time.”

Here’s the link to their CNN interview: http://edition.cnn.com/video/?/video/bestoftv/2013/05/29/exp-point-garrido-santos-miss-canada-contestants.cnn

For more television, movie, and music updates, like/follow The Ultimate Fan on Facebook and Twitter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marian Rivera Skype scandal?

An alleged photo of Marian Rivera that looks like she’s naked while having a video conversation with someone has become viral on social networking sites on Thursday, September 26, 2013.

Ram Revilla-Janelle Manahan Video Scandal

A sex video scandal of Janelle Manahan and the late Ram Revilla has been making its rounds on the internet and creating a buzz. The video was shot by Ram himself while he and his girlfriend was having intimate fun in the bathroom. Janelle was aware of what Ram was doing because he was actually holding the camera.

Paolo Contis' alleged video scandal leaks online

Joining the list of male celebrities with alleged video scandal is Paolo Contis, whose name has recently become trending on social media together with screenshots taken from a sensitive video of a man that looks a lot like him. Screen captures of the alleged Paolo Contis video scandal has made its way to various blogs. Collage of screenshots, allegedly all taken from the said scandalous video, are now starting to spread on the internet.

PBB Teen Edition 4 Audition at MOA on January 6 & 13

Aside from the London leg, Pinoy Big Brother Teen Edition Season 4 is going to hold auditions at the Mall of Asia in Pasay City on January 6 and 13, 2012. To qualify, you must be 13-17 years old. Just bring your birth certificate to the audition venue along with a friend, relative or family member who is at least 20 years old.