Skip to main content

Charice pays tribute to Cory Monteith

Charice Pempengco wrote an article for cnn.com regarding the death of Cory Monteith. The singer had a chance to work with the late actor when she played the guest role of Sunshine Corazon in Glee.

Charice confessed that Cory once made her feel like family during her last time to shoot with the show’s cast.

Read parts of the emotional article below.

I remember the last time I shot for "Glee," it was May 9, 2011. It was a long shooting day that swelled into the wee hours of the following morning.

I was a tad emotional when the clock struck 12 midnight -- not because I was tired -- but because May 10 was my birthday. And I, a girl from the barrio of Gulod in the far-flung Philippines, was alone in America.

My family was not there, my friends were not there, I didn't have my loved ones there to celebrate my birthday. It didn't help that we all still had a long way to go on that day at the set of "Glee."

But Cory came to the rescue, just in time, with his sweet greeting: "Happy birthday, Charice!" A big smile crossed his handsome face. There was sincerity in his tone as he gave me a tight hug. He became family to me at that moment.

In the remaining hours of our shoot, Cory told me he had Googled me and found my date of my birth. Cool Cory's act of kindness. He told other members of the "Glee" cast that it was my birthday and I was floored at how many of them greeted me with their warm birthday wishes.

My body felt cold when I learned about his death. Too soon, too early, too young. I never thanked Cory enough for that one moment in time when he made me feel like family. I never thanked him enough for making me happy on that lonely day.

Read the full article here.

For more television, movie, and music updates, like/follow The Ultimate Fan on Facebook and Twitter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marian Rivera Skype scandal?

An alleged photo of Marian Rivera that looks like she’s naked while having a video conversation with someone has become viral on social networking sites on Thursday, September 26, 2013.

Ram Revilla-Janelle Manahan Video Scandal

A sex video scandal of Janelle Manahan and the late Ram Revilla has been making its rounds on the internet and creating a buzz. The video was shot by Ram himself while he and his girlfriend was having intimate fun in the bathroom. Janelle was aware of what Ram was doing because he was actually holding the camera.

Paolo Contis' alleged video scandal leaks online

Joining the list of male celebrities with alleged video scandal is Paolo Contis, whose name has recently become trending on social media together with screenshots taken from a sensitive video of a man that looks a lot like him. Screen captures of the alleged Paolo Contis video scandal has made its way to various blogs. Collage of screenshots, allegedly all taken from the said scandalous video, are now starting to spread on the internet.

PBB Teen Edition 4 Audition at MOA on January 6 & 13

Aside from the London leg, Pinoy Big Brother Teen Edition Season 4 is going to hold auditions at the Mall of Asia in Pasay City on January 6 and 13, 2012. To qualify, you must be 13-17 years old. Just bring your birth certificate to the audition venue along with a friend, relative or family member who is at least 20 years old.