Skip to main content

Sharon Cuneta says goodbye to Twitter

Sharon Cuneta is one of the celebrities on Twitter who often gets bashed. Perhaps because she’s opinionated and is not afraid to post what she feels.

Sharon Cuneta

But she may have already gotten tired of being bashed, because on Monday, December 30, 2013, she posted a series of messages that came down to saying goodbye to Twitter.

Here are her seventeen messages posted just before midnight:

I remember when life was simpler... When people had some degree of respect for one another because it was just a natural thing... And

if and when one had an issue with someone, it was discussed face to face, or closed by a well-meaning 3rd person... I have worked hard for 36

years, have earned respect the hard way... Worked maybe even harder than any other actress because I wanted to prove I wasn't just what

they called me which was "poor little rich girl..." I respected people and in return, was loved and appreciated... So it is hard for me to accept that on

Twitter, no matter how good you are to your followers, no matter how you go out of your way to make people happy, there will always be some

who will show you disrespect, kahit nananahimik ka... They will start something and then when you exercise your right to defend your-

self, ikaw at ikaw lang ang lalabas na masama... I don't have to prove to anyone that I am a good human being... Perhaps others can talk about

how I was as a girl just starting to sing, make movies... How I treated them even then, and how I continue to show them respect when they deserve it...

How easily people forget that I once maybe made them, or their mom, or someone they love, happy... How easily they forget that I have given about 1/3 of my whole life to this

most ungrateful business... The awards, the box-office queen trophies, the top-rating shows and #1 singles and albums... But even if

they have, or do, I hope they remember more than any contribution I have made to my beloved industry the way I lived my

life, raised my daughter with only the help of my parents and friends, how good of a daughter I have been. And how much I loved my public. Maybe

they'll even remember how very much they loved me... And maybe they will think of me enough to remember that I don't deserve the

obscene, painful words I certainly did not grow up hearing around me - just being thrown at me by people hiding behind anonymity, enjoying

a very false sense of power... I built my career without social networking - arrived where I got without a twitter account. I know you'll under-

stand if I do not use twitter for some time and just go back to living my happy life with those who truly love me and who deserve my love... May

you all have a blessed, wonderful 2014, and thank you to my loving followers for your support... I will be eternally grateful... I love you all. God bless you.

Hours before she posted the above tweets, though, one Twitter user told her that she should delete her account because it has ruined her reputation in less than a year.

@nucleareyes: @sharon_cuneta12 delete your account please.In a span of less than a year you ruin your reputation.Social media is not for you.

Sharon didn’t agree with @nucleareyes and answered the tweet with:

@sharon_cuneta12: @nucleareyes sorry you feel that way. Fortunately I don't agree with u

On the same day, however, Sharon seemed to have made up her mind to “not use twitter for some time and just go back to living my happy life with those who truly love me and who deserve my love.”

For more television, movie, and music updates, like/follow The Ultimate Fan on Facebook and Twitter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marian Rivera Skype scandal?

An alleged photo of Marian Rivera that looks like she’s naked while having a video conversation with someone has become viral on social networking sites on Thursday, September 26, 2013.

Ram Revilla-Janelle Manahan Video Scandal

A sex video scandal of Janelle Manahan and the late Ram Revilla has been making its rounds on the internet and creating a buzz. The video was shot by Ram himself while he and his girlfriend was having intimate fun in the bathroom. Janelle was aware of what Ram was doing because he was actually holding the camera.

Paolo Contis' alleged video scandal leaks online

Joining the list of male celebrities with alleged video scandal is Paolo Contis, whose name has recently become trending on social media together with screenshots taken from a sensitive video of a man that looks a lot like him. Screen captures of the alleged Paolo Contis video scandal has made its way to various blogs. Collage of screenshots, allegedly all taken from the said scandalous video, are now starting to spread on the internet.

PBB Teen Edition 4 Audition at MOA on January 6 & 13

Aside from the London leg, Pinoy Big Brother Teen Edition Season 4 is going to hold auditions at the Mall of Asia in Pasay City on January 6 and 13, 2012. To qualify, you must be 13-17 years old. Just bring your birth certificate to the audition venue along with a friend, relative or family member who is at least 20 years old.