Friday, December 7, 2012

The hair in Jollibee’s macaroni soup

It was lunch time when I got off the bus in Lipa, Batangas yesterday on my way to Cuenca for my weekly climb. So before proceeding to hop on a jeepney towards my destination, I decided to grab a quick lunch.

Jollibee

Jollibee has always been my favorite fast food, I even always say that Chicken Joy is my comfort food. And ever since the food chain came up with macaroni soup, I always partner my favorite rice meal with it.

But what happened yesterday would perhaps make me shy away from the macaroni soup altogether.

On my several trips to Cuenca, I always choose Jollibee Lipa Uptown to eat. It has always been pleasant except for the number of times that the security guard would just stand inside the door and wouldn’t open it for me. Not that I demand it, but that’s his job.

the strand of hair in Jollibee Lipa's macaroni soup

So I ordered a chicken and rice meal, and macaroni soup to go with it. And as I was halfway done with the soup, lo and behold! I found a strand of short, almost stiff hair sticking out between the macaroni noodles on my spoon!

I discreetly called the attention of a service crew and immediately told him I’m not asking for a refund or replacement, but I found a strand of hair in my macaroni soup.

Jollibee Lipa's assistant manager Lei Carandang

He immediately called the assistant manager named Lei Carandang and I showed her the strand. She offered to give me a replacement but I declined. I also declined when she offered a refund to tell them that I’m not complaining because I want something from them.

I was so polite for a customer who almost vomited when I realized the hair doesn’t look like it came from someone’s head. It’s more of like an armpit hair or a strand from you-know-where.

I knew it could ruin my day if I allowed it to, but my day has just started so I tried to be as calm as I could. The assistant manager got my details (I don’t know what for) and she was surprised when I told her I came all the way from Taguig.

When she couldn’t make me accept a refund or food replacement, the branch manager came out. She was also polite but was more persistent in the food-replacement thing but I gave her a more determined no.

As I headed for the door, the guard stared. I stared back until I was in front of him. It was a good three seconds or so before he broke the stare and opened the door for me.

Jollibee Uptown Lipa

Took the above photo on my way back home last night, and realized I should have used the DSLR to capture the hair in the macaroni soup instead of my phone’s camera. But I guess things like that escape me in the middle of a provoking situation.

For more television, movie, and music updates, like/follow The Ultimate Fan on Facebook and Twitter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment