Eat Bulaga! is holding the grand finals of Super Sireyna today July 27, 2013 (Saturday) at the Newport Performing Arts Theater in Resorts World Manila.
8 pretty transgenders, who have won each a title for winning in the weekly finals, are competing for the title of Super Sireyna Queen of Queens.
The 8 candidates are:
- Mariane Arguelles aka Cristine Reyes of Bongabon, Nueva Ecija (Super Sireyna Queen of Asia)
- Mae Andrada aka Marian Rivera of Dasmarinas, Cavite (Super Sireyna Queen of Tourism)
- Michelle Bermudez aka Georgina Wilson of Caloocan City (Super Sireyna Queen of the World)
- Maki Eve Mercedez aka Jennylyn Mercado of Labangon, Cebu City (Super Sireyna Queen of the Sky)
- Bembem Radaza aka Carla Abellana of Cagayan De Oro City (Super Sireyna Queen of the Ocean)
- Aya Garcia aka Bangs Garcia of Quezon City (Super Sireyna Queen of the Wind)
- Ava Santillian aka Heart Evangelista of Sorsogon, Bicol (Super Sireyna Queen of the Universe)
- Francine Garcia aka Kim Chiu of Quezon City (Super Sireyna Queen of the Jungle)
A special award will be given out to the contestant whose photo will garner the most number of Facebook likes. To support your favorite, like her photo in this album: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.578845662162970.1073741994.115894125124795&type=1
- Hispanic models put the scepters beside the throne in the middle of the stage.
- Presentation of candidates in their costumes.
#1 (Queen of Asia) looks like a Chinese doll
#2 (Queen of Tourism) wears a tradition Filipina dress and wears it elegantly
#3 (Queen of the World)in leather body suit with neon lights that forms like an aura behind her
#4 (Queen of the Sky) wears the biggest costume, looks like a goddess from the sky
#5 (Queen of the Ocean) is a golden seahorse!
#6 (Queen of the Wind) is a winged horse
#7 (Queen of the Universe) presents herself as the golden sun
#8 (Queen of the Jungle) is in feathers and looks like an Indian goddess
- Best in Costume - #5 Bembem Radaza aka Carla Abellana of Cagayan De Oro City (Super Sireyna Queen of the Ocean)
Michael V is in drag as J Logs and Paolo Ballesteros is very pretty as Marilyn Monggo.
- Aljur Abrenica
- Isabelle Daza
- Michael Carandang
- Rajo Laurel
- Gloria Diaz
Criteria for judging:
Super State Presence - 50%
Super Talent - 25%
Super Wit - 25%
- Talent Competition
#1 does a dance number to the tune of Diamonds Are A Girl’s Best Friend and Material Girl.
#2 does a dance number with lots of stunts in a Darna costume. She really looks like Marian Rivera.
#3 is in black body suit again while dancing and doing stunts.
#4 does a ballroom dance
#5 did an interpretative dance
#6 hangs on to a pole as the highlight of her dance number
#7 did ballet
#8 sang Paraiso with a choir
- Jose Manalo, Wally Bayola sing Daniel Padilla’s Nasa ‘Yo Na Ang Lahat.
- Vic Sotto sings an acoustic version of Pink and Nate Ruess’ Just Give Me A Reason.
- Question and Answer portion
#1 was asked by the Emmy Award-winning producer Michael Carandang.
Q: What would you tell a little Sireyna suffering from low self-esteem?
A: Be herself, follow her dreams and be happy. Just like what Mahatma Gandhi said, “Learn as if you will live forever and live as if you will die tomorrow.”
#2 was asked by Isabelle Daza
Q: Anong mas gugustuhin mo maging mayaman o maging maganda?
A: Maging maganda, dahil naniniwala po ako na pag maganda ka, kaya mo pong yumaman… Aanhin ang kayamanan kung hindi maganda ang iyong kalooban.
#3 picked fashion designer Rajo Laurel
Q: What is the essence of being a Super Sireyna?
A: The essence of being a Super Sireyna is by giving happiness to each and every one.
#4 picked Gloria Diaz, the country’s first Miss Universe
Q: If in the future, magkaanak ka ng lalaki, would you like him to follow your lifestyle and why?
A: It is not in my hands, nor in your hands, nor in anybody’s hands, the future of my son. Whatever he wants, whatever life he’s going to take, I will support him if that makes him happy.
#5 was asked by Aljur Abrenica
Q: Kung bibigyan ka ng pagkakataon na gawing pelikula ang buhay mo, ano’ng title nito at bakit?
A: It would be “A Fighter” because life of a transgender is not an easy task because of the discrimination… but we are strong enough to win every fight.
#6 picked Michael Carandang
Q: As a Super Sireyna, what do you think is the greatest challenge you are facing today?
A: The greatest challenge we are facing today is what society sees us as a Sireyna and how they judge us as a person. We may be criticized and d but we will prove to the world that we will exist whether you like it or not.
#7 picked Aljur Abrenica
Q: What’s life after Super Sireyna?
A: Kung ako ay mananalo, malaki ang mababago sa aking buhay especially sa aking pamilya at kaibigan, at lalung-lalo na sa napili kong tulungan. Marami pang magagandang mangyayari dahil ang pagiging bahagi ng Super Sireyna ay napakalaking karangalan sa aming lahat.
#8 picked Isabelle Daza
Q: If you were called to serve in the military by your country, would you accept it?
A: Yes, because gender doesn’t matter. The mere fact that you are a law-abiding citizen, then you are worthy to serve in the military.
- Another look at the contestants.
- Facebook Dabarkads Choice with the most likes on Facebook (P10k, sash) is #8 Francine Garcia aka Kim Chiu of Quezon City
- Best in Long Gown (P10k, sash, bouquet) is #4 Maki Eve Mercedez aka Jennylyn Mercado of Labangon, Cebu City
- Super Telegenic Sireyna (P10k, sash, bouquet) is #2 Mae Andrada aka Marian Rivera of Dasmarinas, Cavite
- Best in Talent (P10k, sash, bouquet) is #6 Aya Garcia aka Bangs Garcia of Quezon City
Winner of Super Sireyna Queen of Queens with an average score of 91.98% is contestant #8 Francine Garcia aka Kim Chiu of Quezon City.