The Entertainment Press Society (ENPRESS), Inc. presented the 9th Golden Screen Awards (2012) on March 24, 2012 at Teatrino Greenhills.
Ang Babae Sa Septic Tank won Best Picture (Comedy or Musical) and the movie’s lead, Eugene Domingo, won Best Actress (Musical or Comedy) for her role. From the movie also came the winners for Best Director, Best Musical Score, Best Editing and Best Original Screenplay.
Aga Muhlach, who recently won Best Actor at Star Awards for Movies for his role in In The Name Of Love, was also declared as GSA’s Best Actor (Drama) for his role in the same movie.
Jean Garcia was awarded the Best Actress (Drama) trophy for her acting in Ang Sayaw Ng Dalawang Kaliwang Paa. Also from the same movie came the award for Breakthrough Performance by an Actor received by young Kapuso talent Rocco Nacino.
Twitter was abuzz with tweets from Angel Locsin’s fans, though. The said fans were expecting Angel, who won Best Actress at the recent Star Awards for Movies, to win the Best Actress (Drama) award for her role in In The Name Of Love.
Award giving bodies, however, have different tastes when it comes to choosing their winners. We can’t really expect them all to declare the same winners for major categories all the time.
Just like what ENPRESS President Jun Nardo said in his opening speech, “Maaring may hindi sumasang-ayon sa amin but we stand by our decision.”
Here are the winners of the 9th Golden Screen Awards (2012):
- Best Motion Picture (Comedy or Musical): Ang Babae sa Septic Tank
- Best Motion Picture (Drama): Niño
- Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role (Musical or Comedy): Martin Escudero (Zombadings 1: Patayin sa Shokot si Remington) and Edgar Allan Guzman (Ligo na U, Lapit na Me)
- Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role (Musical or Comedy): Eugene Domingo (Ang Babae sa Septic Tank)
- Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role (Drama): Aga Muhlach (In the Name of Love)
- Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role (Drama): Jean Garcia (Ang Sayaw ng Dalawang Kaliwang Paa)
- Best Director: Marlon Rivera (Ang Babae sa Septic Tank)
- Best Visual Effects: Pintakasi
- Best Musical Score: Vincent de Jesus (Ang Babae sa Septic Tank)
- Best Original Song: “Sa Muling Pagtatagpo” from the movie Ligo na U, Lapit na Me; music and lyrics by Jude Gitamondoc and interpreted by Daryl Leong
- Best Production Design: Fitz Silorio, Mona Soriano, Ronaldo Cadapan (Manila Kingpin: The Asiong Salonga Story)
- Best Editing: Ike Veneracion (Ang Babae sa Septic Tank)
- Best Cinematography: Carlo Mendoza (Manila Kingpin: The Asiong Salonga Story)
- Best Sound: Albert Michael Idioma (The Road)
- Best Story: Kristoffer Brugada (Patikul)
- Best Original Screenplay: Chris Martinez (Ang Babae sa Septic Tankk)
- Best Screenplay Adaptation: Jerry Gracio (Ligo Na U Lapit na Me)
- Breakthrough Performance by an Actor: Rocco Nacino (Ang Sayaw ng Dalawang Kaliwang Paa)
- Breakthrough Performance by an Actress: Angeli Sanoy (Patikul)
- Best Supporting Actor: Art Acuna (Niño)
- Best Supporting Actress: Sharmaine Buencamino (Niño)
- Lino Brocka Lifetime Achievement Award: Nora Aunor