Skip to main content

Vice Ganda, against Valkyrie's no crossdressing policy

Vice Ganda took to Twitter to voice out his support to the LGBT community.

Vice Ganda

"To all members of the LGBT community: I AM ONE OF YOU AND I AM ONE WITH YOU," he wrote on Monday, June 22, 2015.

The comedian's post was with regards to the transgenders that were denied entry to Valkyrie, which he co-owns, because of the club's no crossdressing policy.

He also posted that he is willing to pull out his "very small share" as co-owner of Valkyrie, if the club really has that rule.

Vice Ganda 2

"The 'No Crossdressing Policy' in any establishment is so THIRD WORLD. If Valkyrie implements this crap i will pull out my very small share," he further tweeted.

The latest victim of the said club's policy was fashion designer Veejay Floresca who was reportedly denied entry for dressing as a woman.

She was allowed to get inside the club, however, when she showed her California State ID that states she is female.

Veejay Floresca

On her Facebook account, Veejay related what transpired. He wrote:

I don't like ranting on Facebook, but I think this issue needs to be solved. Last night, I went to Valkyrie with a friend. I was on guest list. When I was about to get in, the bouncer refused to let me in because according to dress code policy, they don't allow cross dresser. I smiled and showed them my California State ID. I said "I'm female. I don't live here, im from California." The bouncer apologized and allowed me to get inside. In my 3 years of living in the U.S. This never happened to me. To the people of Valkyrie, please have an open mind and understanding.

Valkyrie, meanwhile, released a statement through pep.ph, but the statement did not directly address the club's "no crossdresser policy."

Part of the statement reads:

The management of Valkyrie Nightclub (the ‘Club’) has been made aware of a recent incident in which certain individuals were denied entry into the Club.

Club management would like to apologize to these individuals if the denial of entry resulted in their embarrassment or made them feel disrespected in any way.

The Club does not refuse entry on the basis of an individual’s sexual orientation.

In denying entry to these individuals, the Club’s personnel were merely adhering to its safety policies and guidelines.

Read the full statement here.

For more television, movie, and music updates, like/follow The Ultimate Fan on Facebook and Twitter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marian Rivera Skype scandal?

An alleged photo of Marian Rivera that looks like she’s naked while having a video conversation with someone has become viral on social networking sites on Thursday, September 26, 2013.

Ram Revilla-Janelle Manahan Video Scandal

A sex video scandal of Janelle Manahan and the late Ram Revilla has been making its rounds on the internet and creating a buzz. The video was shot by Ram himself while he and his girlfriend was having intimate fun in the bathroom. Janelle was aware of what Ram was doing because he was actually holding the camera.

Joseph Marco is Hot Part 3

Now that ABS-CBN 's afternoon soap Sabel has come to an end, we will surely miss Joseph Marco and his sexy glory . But as hunky as he is, I'm sure the network won't keep him idle for so long. I'm sure we'll see him in one of their shows anytime soon. For the meantime, here's more screen grabs of Joseph Marco from Sabel .

Daniel Matsunaga’s Elevator Scandal

Daniel Matsunaga 's so-called elevator scandal is now widespread. It was even featured on the evening news last night. Heart was quoted tweeting : dont worry guys...if you saw it..somethings cooking:) But the video looks scripted. My guess is that it’s a promotional thing for some endorsement. See the way Daniel looked at the camera before walking out of the elevator? Watch the 38-second video clip below. What do you think? Scripted or not?