Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Lauren Alaina - "Like My Mother Does" (Music Video and Lyrics)

American Idol 10 runner-up Lauren Alaina debuted the music video of her first single, Like My Mother Does, on Country Music Television (CMT) with behind-the-scenes footage of the video shoot.

The music video features pictures and home videos from Lauren's childhood, with her mother doing a cameo towards the end.

Like My Mother Does was released almost three months ago when Lauren was declared runner-up of American Idol 10. It was one of the songs she sang at the show's finale and it debuted at No. 20 on Billboard's Hot 100 and No. 11 on the Billboard Digital Songs chart.

CMT will air a similar special for Scotty McCreery's I Love You This Big next Tuesday.

Watch Like My Mother Does music video below.

Lauren AlainaLike My Mother Does (Lyrics)

People always say
I have a laugh like my mother does
Guess that makes sense
She taught me how to smile when things get rough
I’ve got her spirit, she’s always got my back
When I look at her I think I want to be just like that

When I love I give it all I’ve got
Like my mother does
When I’m scared I bow my head and pray
Like my mother does

She’s a rock, she is grace
She’s an angel, she’s my heart and soul
She does it all

When I love, I give it all I’ve got
Like my mother does
When I’m scared I bow my head and pray
Like my mother does

When I’m weak and unpretty
I know I’m beautiful and strong
Because I see myself
Like my mother does

0 comments:

Post a Comment