Single Palm Tree Productions announces that the Grand Prize for America Meet World, global comedy video contest, is a trip to New York City for a meeting with these award-winning executives of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart:
- Steve Bodow, Executive Producer, Former Head Writer and nine-time Emmy winner
- Adam Lowitt, Executive Producer, Stand-Up Comedian and four-time Emmy winner
- Ramin Heyadati, Senior Segment Producer and Director of “Boxing Lessons with Eric Kelly”
Video submissions to America Meet World will also have the opportunity to be reviewed by a panel of expert judges including:
- Rebecca Paoletti, former Head of Video at Yahoo! North America and CEO of Cake-Works
- Tim Rosta, Senior Vice President, E! Entertainment Network
- Baratunde Thurston, CEO & Co-Founder of Cultivated Wit, former Digital Director of The Onion; and
- John Vorhaus, best-selling author of The Comic Toolbox: How to be Funny Even if You’re Not.
Finalists may be approached by Single Palm Tree Productions to further develop their content or create additional content.
Comedians, filmmakers and comedy writers in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East are invited to submit their stand-up, sketch, satire or reality comedy videos to the contest for a chance to win.
Submissions will be accepted beginning 9 October through 10 November at www.americameetworld.com, where more information about the competition is also available.