Classes in Manila, Parañaque City and Quezon City have been cancelled due to heavy rains that has continued to pour since last night.
In Quezon City, Mayor Herbert Bautista cancelled elementary and high school classes in both public and private schools.
In Parañaque City, classes in all levels were suspended in both public and private schools
Mayor Alfredo Lim of Manila, on the other hand, cancelled classes in all levels but only in public schools. Suspension of classes in private institutions depends on the school’s administration.
Universities that announced suspension of classes include:
- University of Sto. Tomas (UST)
- Lyceum of the Philippines University (LPU)
- Universidad de Manila (UDM)
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila (PLM)
- Arellano University (AU) - main campus
- San Beda College (SBC)
- PUP Sta. Mesa
- Adamson University (AdU)
- St. Paul University (SPU) - Quezon City
- San Sebastian College-Recoletos (SSC-R)
- Philippine College of Criminology - Manila Law College
- Colegio de San Juan de Letran (Elem-HS)