Typhoon “Gener” is now out of the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR) but Suspension of Classes is still up in specific areas that are experiencing the aftermath the typhoon left behind.
Valenzuela City, for one, is so devastated that 18 of its barangays are declared to be under state of calamity.
And while the weather has been a little better, schools in Valenzuela are either submerged in flood water or being used as evacuation centers.
Malabon City, meanwhile, has also announced suspension of classes due to strong winds and the risk of the river overflowing at high tide.
The following areas with No Classes on August 3 are:
- Pasay City (afternoon classes from kindergarten to high school in public and private schools)
- Navotas City
- Malabon City (kindergarten to high school)
- Hagonoy West
- Valenzuela City
- Coloong Elementary School
- Dalandanan National High School
- Isla Elementary School
- Pasolo Elementary School
- Polo National High School
- Rincon Elementary School
- Tagalag Elementary School
- Wawangpulo Elementary School